Spending huge amounts of our income on food became an annoyance to me. I'd rather go to Europe thank you very much!! We wanted four things, to eat well and enjoy our meals while keeping our weight and our expenses under control. Incentive was born and I started to do something about it. I hope to use this Blog to share what I've discovered.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Calibration of a Thermometer

Tips for Thermometer Use:

Use an "instant-read" thermometer to check patty temperatures. They are designed to be used toward the end of cooking time and register a temperature in about 15 seconds.

If a meat patty is not thick enough to check from the top, insert the thermometer in sideways.
The thermometer should penetrate the thickest part of the food.

To check the calibration, place the stem in a cup of boiling water. If correct, it will read 212 °F. Most thermometers have a calibration nut under the dial that can be adjusted.
Wash the thermometer after each use.

No comments: