Spending huge amounts of our income on food became an annoyance to me. I'd rather go to Europe thank you very much!! We wanted four things, to eat well and enjoy our meals while keeping our weight and our expenses under control. Incentive was born and I started to do something about it. I hope to use this Blog to share what I've discovered.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Flour Tortillas wraps for lunch

often with a cup of homemade soup we will have a tortilla wrap.

I mix salmon or boiled eggs or even sardines with low fat mayo, onions, celery and lettuce.

I use a couple tablespoons of the mix of choice above set onto the centre of the tortilla and spread thinly. I top the mix with thin slices of low fat cheese and roll the tortilla.

The tortilla roll is then cut in 2 inch almost bite sized peaces and placed on a dish in the center of the table for sharing.

To this dish we often have slivers of carrot, cauliflower and/or broccoli flowerettes with a dip of low fat mayo mixed with either ketchup or 'A Taste if Thai' which is a tangy red chili sauce sold in a jar.

No comments: